Kitchen Gypsy by Joanne Weir
Recipes and Stories from a Lifelong Romance with Food
(Oxmoor House; September, 2015)
My life with food has taken me on adventures near and far and I'm thrilled to have the chance to share these deeply personal stories—and delicious recipes—with you.
KITCHEN GYPSY pairs 100 new recipes and 250 photographs with my favorite food memories, such as my first cooking fiasco at the age of eight; working on the line at Chez Panisse; culinary travels through Morocco, Australia, and Italy; and the excitement of opening my first restaurant.
Featuring a very special introduction by my friend and mentor, Alice Waters, hand-drawn notes, and tons of photos, KITCHEN GYPSY is like peeking into my personal food journal.
Grab a glass of wine and get ready for a great adventure!
Kitchen Gypsy: recipes and stories
- Pizzetta with Parsley Salad and Shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano and the lunch at Chez Panisse Café that changed my life’s path.
- Citrus Salad with Mint and Red Onions, maybe the most beautiful salad I’ve ever made
- Salmon Tagine with Preserved Lemons and Walnut Chermoula and more dishes from my travels around the world.
- Fall-off-the-bone Skillet Riblets with Balsamic, and other favorites from my classes in Italy
- My Great Grandmother Lettie’s recipe for Lightening Cake with Wild Strawberry Jam
- Red Wine Raspberry Sherbet with Berry Compote and other recipes that celebrate the seasons.